Tuesday 19 May 2015

Experimental Techniques (New)

These are some of my experimental images I've created on my colour film shoot on new architecture. After scanning them, I've used Photoshop to edit these image images for different effects hopefully reflecting on what it does to emphasise on new architecture. 


This image has been edited this way so it can enhance in contrast. I've boosted the contrast and played with the highlight and shadows because I wanted the image to stand out. It slightly looks pinhole which is a funky effect. I think it reflects new architecture because it makes the details of the windows and the rooftop stand out. It also looks retro so it gives it this effect too.



This image is made up of little dots. I've used this effect for new architecture because it makes you focus on the image and the structure of the building. It glazes you in because you can see the little circles. I quite like the effect because it just represents new to me. It's not an effect that's really common and I think it just works with new architecture because of it's structure.



This is one of my favourite image. I've used this HDR effect because it enhances the image with the definition. It makes it look sharper and bold. This image in particular looks very retro because of the effect. It makes the new architecture stand out and it gives it this american feel to it with the Everyman Cinema logo. I like how the rooftop looks very sharp and it's like the main feature in this image.



I've used inverse borders here because I though it looks pretty cool and it worked with this architectural image. With this border, I've made it look transparent and grainy for an contrast effect to the image itself. I selected the rectangle in this way because it reminds me of a wide angled Polaroid image. I was just experimenting and thought it was different. 



This edit was focusing on lighting. I've edited this on Photoshop with the intention of using lighting as an effect to enhance on new architecture. I've added this spotlight effect on this H&M logo to make it stand out with some minimal lens flare. I think this effect does help with directing the viewer. I like how the logo is very vibrant and it just overpowers the tones on the rest of the image.



This image uses a lomo effect on this new architecture image. Lomography is when the image is high in contrast and there is a use of vignette and soft focus. It almost looks pinhole to me. I've used this effect because I liked how it darkens the building and just makes you focus on the rooftop. 


This is a creative effect on Photoshop. I've used extrude which gives it this effect. I like how it compliments new architecture. In this example, it makes the next logo look 3-D and it just enhances the colours that relate to new architecture. This effect itself looks very modern and I like how it gives the image depth and perspective.



Here's an digital version for painting with developer styled image. I used this type of brush because I think it suited new architecture better. It isn't the best example because my brush wasn't strong enough even though the opacity was set to 100, it looked transparent. However, the idea is pretty clear and you can see the image just appear.



This edit was quite close to overlaying textures. I just wanted to add some colour to the simplistic designs of new architecture. I've added an image of water paint and changed the blending mode to screen to positioned it over this logo. In some perspective, you can compare the texture of the paint to the architectural work on the brick and ceilings. The painting looks more rough whereas the building looks very smooth.



This effect makes the image look very retro. I like how it gives it this hipster look and it compliments the new architecture image. I like the way the scratches and dust enhances the effect making it look very grunge. I think the effect is suitable because it has this street vibe to it which makes the image look urban. The lights also composed perfectly as it leads into the image.



This was a random effect using colour. I've added this additional light image as an overlay on the top. I think bright colours does represent new architecture to an extent because old architecture is more revolved around darker and bold colours. Alongside that, the colours also stand out so I think this effect could be used to catch attention.



Here's a scary technique used on my new architecture. I've used some effects on Photoshop to create this spooky looking image. After desaturating an image, I've added noise and made it look grainy. Then used the smudge tool to create this fuzzy lines which is common in that type of genre that looks like a VHS or TV static going wrong. I like this effect because the way it distorts the image and if you look at the light for instance, you can see the shape is abnormal.



This is the same image as above however I've used the solarization effect over the image. I think this actually makes the effect look scarier but I personally prefer the top one because it's more natural. The solarization effect makes it scary because of the x-ray type of look it gives but you could argue and say it looks too edited. In this example, the smudge effect is much more clearer and you can see the scary effect I'm trying to portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment