Monday 26 January 2015

Task 4a

Royalty Free Music



Royalty Free Music/Copyright Free Music: is music that is available to use without having the need of permission because they aren't copyright materials. Most cases, you'd only need to give some credit to the artist in the description bar if your using it for Youtube purposes.

If you was to use copyright music, that would mean you don't have permission to use from the artist nor the record label. This would lead to serious consequences and you can be taken to court for breaking the law with copyright materials. If you have a look online, there is lots of royalty free music libraries available. Most Youtubers use royalty free music in the backdrop for entertainment purposes.

Some websites I found that have Royalty Free Music:

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free

http://www.purple-planet.com

https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music






I think the best website i came across was this:
http://www.audionautix.com
This website allows you to search for copyright free music by the genre, mood and tempo you want. You can easily download music without having to sign up - nor do you have to pay.

I have found a few songs from this website that could possibly work for my showreel.

Cold Morning - This is an acoustic tune that has a calming mood. This would suit my work because it kind of represents a journey. It suits the theme in a day of an egg. It does slightly fit in the sad mood more than anything. Therefore it would fit my work when the egg is sad and cracks. I like it because it's soothing and not dramatically loud.

Second Nature - This is another acoustic that is medium in tempo and has a calming, relaxing tune. This would work with my showreel because it is just guitar strings and it doesn't focus on one emotion i.e. sad or happy. It is just a melody that is interpreted into your own emotions. I think this is a very generic tune that can be manipulated into the mood you require. It reminds me a lot of youtube videos that is just playing as a backdrop. I think it does have elements of journey because the melody is ongoing. This would fit with my work because it would be played constantly through and it brings this country element into the showreel.

Redwood Trail - Is a much lively acoustic, which has a catchy tune. It does have a calming tone to it like second nature but this has a more faster pace and a cheerful mood to it. I think it would fit in the happy bits of my showreel, but would require a sad tune too.

One Fine Day - This is a very slow paced acoustic. I like how this could just slow down the moment and it would help you pay attention to the images because it's not dramatic. It would accommodate with my showreel because it brings a relaxing/slow mood. Also, with my images, it would make you feel sad when the egg cracks but not so dramatically.

Scapes - This sounds like an electric guitar. I always thought of using acoustic because of the casualness and relax mode. But this tune is also giving this same mood in a different perspective. I think it's a tune that actually tells me that there are so many possibilities of tunes that would work for my showreel. This music actually does have gloomy effect on mood. It sounds like the music is almost faded. I think it would work on bits of my images not necessarily all.






Here's another website that i found some music on:
http://www.bensound.com/
This website has a small number of royalty free music. I think the website is very modern and it was easy to download an mp3 file.

Here's some songs I've chosen from this website that might work with my showreel:

Cute - This is a tune with a happy melody that is familiar in the Youtube world. It has a variety of instruments that make it all cheerful. This would work well in my shopping shots or the cooking shots. I think the tune is very catchy and instantly puts you in a good mood. It isn't so fast paced or dramatic therefore it has a nice touch of calmness.

Acoustic Breeze - This is an acoustic made up with some instruments. It isn't as happy and cheery as the one above but this also works well depending on the mood i want to create. I think this is very much generic and has a range of emotions coming through. I could see potential of this becoming sad or happy depending on what you're after.

Of Elias Dream - This is a very sad and slow tempo tune. It has some piano notes that really brings out the depressing mood out of us. It reminds me of death slightly because of the background instrument that goes on along with the piano notes. This is very similar music to the sort of things I've heard in certain movies and films when someone dies. Therefore i think this could work on the shots where the egg cracks and he gets abandoned by his other friends. 

Bensound - The website I decided to use for my final showreel.

No comments:

Post a Comment