Monday 26 January 2015

Task 3 - Planning

Part 1 - Ideas

Idea 1
Object: Earphones
This idea is using earphones as my object. Earphones are used everyday and they are taken in different locations everyday. Idea is to show earphones in different locations. On another creative side, i can also make a story out of the headphones such as getting headphones and earphones in a conversation. This would allow me to use high angle and low angle in reverse to show this conversation.

Earphones

Idea 2
Object: An Egg
This idea would be to use an egg as my inanimate object. My photographs would start from when i buy it from the shop, then the journey home. I can accidentally drop an egg on the way home to get some additional shots. I can also show an egg being separated from it's family i.e. the egg box. I can draw faces on the eggs to make it slightly creative. I think this idea is very generic and i can make loads out of it if i pick it.

Eggs

Idea 3
Object: Banana
My idea of using a banana is to show how it's used in different ways. I would take photographs of chopping a banana up and placing it on Nutella and toast. I could also take banana's talking to one another just to add some additional shots. I can also show how a banana can be used as packed lunch and show it's journey.

Banana

Idea 4
Object: Chewing Gum
This idea is to show chewing brought and carried around everywhere. I can also show it fall on the floor outdoors as someone steps on it. It can be a continuous theme in different locations. I could use the camera as the chewing gums perspective and what it might see from being on the ground. I think this idea would be creative, but it would be hard to fulfill.

Chewing Gums Perspective

Idea 5
Object: USB Cable
This idea is to show how a USB cable is carried everywhere in different locations. I thought of showing how it's plugged in to different sources like a computer, a plug socket and all sorts. I wouldn't go too far with the idea where i start drawing faces on the plug like the image below but i think it would be quite cool to show how it just teleports into different locations.

USB Cable







Part 2 - Plan and Storyboards

Out of all the ideas I've thought of doing, i'm going to choose Idea 2.
-with the egg as my inanimate object. I think this idea would have many leading points in where i could take it. I think it's the most fun and creative idea too because you can adjust how the egg is presented.


Things i need to consider:
Location - at the shops, on the roads (Outdoors) at home, in the kitchen (Indoors)

Props / Items - I need to get a small box of eggs, also some props and items from my kitchen like a pan, oil, requires cooking gas, plates, additional ground pepper

Lighting - I will be using natural lighting outdoors depending on weather conditions, also mixed and artificial lighting indoors. I will try not to use the built-in-flash indoors because it makes the image too dark in the background and the subject over exposed. I will also use the light above the cooker because it gives it a nice artificial light instead of the built-in-flash.

Composition Techniques - All my images will be in a landscape format. I will use worm's eye as a main perspective because it gives my egg some life. It would look from an egg's perspective. The indoor shots will be have a range of close up on the fried egg. I'll also use rule of thirds a lot more than i thought because it can catch the viewers attention on the subject. 

Timing - For my outdoors image, i will be setting up around afternoon and get shooting by evening. This is because i want it to be hazy and gloomy for that sad emotion effect. It's also the time where you can capture sunset which might be quite handy. I would travel to Foster Square so that won't require so much travelling time. After buying my box of eggs, it should take around an hour to complete this photoshoot.

The indoors image at home would be shot around afternoon/evening. This is because it can get very dark in the kitchen because there is no window, just a door to the garden. So i'd want as much natural lighting coming in. This photoshoot could take up to 45 minutes so i can focus on the techniques to get the right shots.

Cost - Travelling will require a bus pass for the day. I also need to purchase the eggs and some pepper which will be a £2 or less. I need to consider some money for any emergencies.








Photo Ideas
  1. Take an image of the shop
  2. Show the eggs close up on the shelf
  3. Purchase the eggs, bag it up
  4. Take the eggs out of the bag, show myself holding it
  5. Accidentally drop an egg
  6. Show the egg splattered on the floor (Rules of Third)
  7. Show a sad egg in the box
  8. Show it fall off
  9. Show the egg on the floor (Rule of Third)
  10. Show the egg on the floor (Worms-eye Perspective)
  11. Take an image of the fridge
  12. Open the fridge
  13. Take out the eggs
  14. Take a pan out
  15. Turn the gas on
  16. Pour some oil in
  17. Break the egg in the pan
  18. Show it fry up
  19. Put it on a plate
  20. Put some pepper on the egg
  21. Put the egg box back in the fridge
  22. Close the fridge.
I have written rule of thirds and worm's eye on a few of the ideas. This is just to help me image how i'd want to capture them shots, if they're possible. 







Storyboard



This is my storyboard. I have drawn out how i vision my photographs to look like. I will use this as a guide when i go shooting so it can go accordingly to plan. In my storyboard, i have included the lighting it's under and whether it's indoors or outdoors location. There are also some images with the grid view drawn on because i want those shots to specifically have a perspective technique that we've been focusing on the past few tasks so all my work link together.




Risk Assessments





Table for Risk Levels


No comments:

Post a Comment