Thursday 2 October 2014

Task 3.2 - Still Life Images


Task 3.2 - Still Life Images






Additional Images:



Analysis


DSC02491.JPG

This image is one of my favourite. One reason is because of its simplicity. The red is very vibrant and the background is simply black. There is a use of depth of field with the font on the lid. This was taken under artificial lighting; this is why there is a shadow present. The composition was intended to be far back rather than filling the frame because the task required us to crop the images in a square format so I tried taking it suitably far back.


DSC02467.JPG
This image is taken near a windowsill using natural lighting. I like this image because it’s a close up shot of a twisted elastic band. I placed the elastic on a piece of white sheet to capture a natural still life shot however; I think more lighting would make the image look better. There is also a shadow formed due to the direction of the lighting. I used depth of field by setting the lens on manual and making it focus on the front bit of the elastic band so it blurs out the back. The composition is also in the centre which makes it easier to crop into a square format for my grid.




No comments:

Post a Comment