Tuesday 4 November 2014

Task 4a - Part II


Mock-Ups for Cubism







Here's my first mock up from the experiment image. I was testing how the font would work and look. So then i chose this font which looks like blocks because it suits cubism. The rectangle is a graphical experiment to make the font stand out, like a banner.






This is another experiment mock up. I did the same thing as before on this image and changed the font. This font looks very neat and organised and i picked it because of the same width and sharpness. It almost looks very third-dimensional too.













After making the first two, i felt like i can do better with typography. So then i created this mock up which uses this cool 'ink drip' font that links with the imagery. I think this looked more appropriate with the content and it gives it a slight push.















This is another experiment with the font change. This edition looks like paint stroke. It sort of works as this art book element, as the imagery is of pens with the use of cubist elements within the picture.




This mock up is made of one of my images that i like. The typography is very much linked to 'roads' because it is the font of road names. I also added an outer glow with the yellow touch to match the yellow road lines. Then distorted the text to give it this push from a different perspective. This is because the yellow road lines are heading upwards so the font is heading downwards. I placed the font in the middle because it is eye catching however I will also experiment with that.



Font Used










This is the same image, however the font is on the bottom. This gives the imagery some power because the audience's attention will not only focus on the title, but on the image itself. Which is a great cubist image.






On the other hand, this mock up is more about simplicity. The typography represents the road life and the image is a cubist image of a pathway all distorted around the centre. I think the layers of pieces work well as a cubist image however, the opacity needs to be changed and then it would stand out more.




This is ultimately the best image in my opinion. I really like this simplicity element which does represent cubism. I changed the opacity on the layers of pieces and made it more overlapping. Now it stands out more and works better as a cubist image. I also changed the typography by changing the font colour to white so it's nice and bold. I added a graphical element on the left side to give it this invisible line which engages with our eyes. This line does align with the font so it looks slick. Personally, i think it worked well with the idea.







Mock-Ups for Futurism







This was the first mock up I did for futurism, The font was just a simple font going vertically with a rectangle banner behind it so the font can stand out. After creating this, i felt the need to make one with a better typography.





This mock up is the same as previously however I changed the typography with this 'water waves' font. I like how the typography is actually vertical rather than simply horizontal. It also works well with the image because the duck is on the right side. I think the typography being vertical actually suits this nature theme. This suited the content in my opinion, however it can be changed with multiple fonts that can be duplicated to show movement. I decided that the imagery would represent the futurism and the font will be simple yet unique.














This is one of my favourite mock up. The image is a well suited futuristic image that shows the peacocks movements and then you have the typography. This typography is all 'flowery embroidered' which links with the theme of nature. I added the banner behind and a glow for the font to be easy to read and attract the audience as a book cover.



Experiment with Peacock Duplicates
Removed Background












This was a last minute, random mock up. I kept all the typography the same and experimented with the background. I chose one of my images from my elements of designs which was for leading lines and added this peacock which shows movements - perfect for a futuristic image.

No comments:

Post a Comment